The Omega Envoy Project

THE EARTHRISE SPACE FOUNDATION (ESF) IS PARTICIPATING IN THE $30M GOOGLE LUNAR XPRIZE THROUGH THE OMEGA ENVOY TEAM IN ORDER TO DEVELOP AND LAND THE FIRST PRIVATE SPACECRAFT ON THE MOON. 

As we creep into the commercialization of space and space travel, high costs seem to be a recurring issue. 

The Google Lunar XPRIZE is a global competition set out to incentivize entrepreneurs from all walks of life, to help real in this new era by creating affordable access to the Moon and beyond. The $30M cash prize will be awarded to the first team to land a privately funded rover on the Moon, travel 500 meters, and transmit back high definition video and images. The GLXP has reinvigorated the public’s interest in the Moon by highlighting the endeavors and technological achievements of the competition’s global teams. It is also inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers, space explorers, and adventurers. 

In 2008, President & COO Ruben Nunez started the Omega Envoy Project (OEP) in order to register in the competition. 

Since then, the OEP has successfully completed mobility/visual testing on the Sagan Rover prototype, and is ready to move on to its Lunar Lander developmental phase. 

Requirements state that only 10% of funding can be received from a governed entity; that leaves the remaining 90% of funds to be allocated from other sponsors/ partnerships. Earthrise Space Foundation, Inc. is always looking for opportunities to enhance its research and developmental stages.

The opportunity to be part of or associated with the first private lunar mission will attract millions of people and dozens of companies from around the world. Six-hundred million people watched the Apollo 11 land on the lunar surface. To date, 2.3 billion people have access to a television and Earthrise Space Foundation, Inc. expects at least 57 million will watch the launch and 200 million will watch the video and imagery from the lunar surface. This gives your corporation an unprecedented opportunity to advertise their brand and support the growth of STEM.


The most exciting milestones are yet to come! Please visit our contribute page to help us reach them.

 

 

 

Documentaries & TV Shows Omega Envoy has been featured in:

Check out the official commercial reel for the Discovery Canada documentary Team Omega Envoy was featured in for The Daily Planet show!! On weeknights at 7ET.

Stay tuned for the release date of the full segment.

Academy Award®-nominated director Orlando von Einsiedel, Executive Producer J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot and Epic Digital have joined forces with Google and XPRIZE to create a documentary web series about the people competing for the Google Lunar XPRIZE. The Google Lunar XPRIZE is the largest prize competition of all time with a reward of $30 million and aims to incentivize entrepreneurs to create a new era of affordable access to the Moon and beyond, while inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers, and explorers.

This character-driven, emotional, awe-inspiring series of 9 short films will follow a selection of the teams currently racing to complete their missions. It will explore the lives of their charismatic, quirky members, the sacrifices they have made to get to where they are today, and crucially, what drives them on this incredible journey.